Wednesday, December 31, 2008

7 stores to find 1 thing

Yesterday Tony had the day off so we decided that we wanted to go out and enjoy our time together. He spent the morning at the VA...wasn't he just so lucky! When he got home, we decided that we wanted to spend the evening out!

Before I go much further, I have to say that we are Harry Potter fanatics...okay, well, I guess I should say that I am. We are also game fanatics. We love to play games. We have a few in our collection but not nearly as many as we want.

Anyway, I'm rambling...we decided that we wanted the Scene It! Harry Potter game. We saw it at WalMart before Christmas on the clearance rack. We were all about it but didn't have any money at the time. So we got some money for christmas and decided that that was what we wanted. We went to Walmart, Target, Tuesday Mornings, Toys R Us, Borders, Slackers at the Mall, and then Slackers by Walmart in O'Fallon. By the time we made it to the last store, I was just about out of hope....when there it was in all it's glory....Scene It! Harry Potter...oh my goodness, I can't even begin to tell you how excited we were! It was like Christmas all over again!

Now some of you don't know the story of our stolen movies. We were living with this guy...who we thought was a good friend. Tony and I came home for a court date and got a phone call from our roommate that he was moving out because he couldn't afford rent anymore. So here we are with 75% of our stuff in his apartment and it's about to go bye bye. Well, to make a very long and dramatic story short, he stole all of our DVDs...which we had a huge collection of...I've been collecting movies for years. He also stole our playstation 2, all of our games for that, and our TV that was only a year and a half old. So now we are slowly building our collection back up. We had over 200 movies and we now have 13 or so. We have a long way to go and it's going to be a very slow process but we are getting there.

So when we were at Slackers....which is a place that sells new and used videos, games, and things like that....we found the first three Harry Potter movies in widescreen...which I like better than full screen...they were also the first editions. We were very excited. And on top of that, they were only $6 a piece...how sweet is that!!!

So needless to say we had a great night last night. It was a lot of fun. It was almost like a scavenger hunt. All that for just a game...but it was fun and we got to spend lots of time together....I'm all about that!

No comments: